After reading through 86-some comments at a well known marketer’s Facebook page, it’s confirmed everything I’ve always believed to be a “don’t do.”
And so I’ve compiled a list here. This post condenses and summarizes all of the “don’t dos” I gathered from the page I referenced above plus some that I thought were left out.
Use these “social offenses” as a learning tool for what not to do on Facebook.
- Post business opportunity related information out of no where
- Profanity (especially the “F” word)
- Personal drama
- Friend request plus immediate post on Faceook wall about your business opportunity
- Political bashing. Religious or spiritual bashing. Any kind of bashing, especially…
- …Bashing another network marketing company, and trying to bring them over to your company
- Posting under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Whining. Or dooming, glooming, negative talking. Complaining
- Pilfering of friends list. Don’t friend up Ann Sieg then friend up all 4,470 of her friends
- Games i.e. Farmville
- Derogatory remarks toward other people
- Adding someone to a group without permission
- Tagging other people in photos for “cheap” exposure
- Not sending a personal message with friend request
- Sex talk
- Consistent complaining about this or that, or did I already post that one?