Can ‘certain’ job opportunities accelerate your business development growth FASTER than being out there on your own?
You’d think the answer was “No” in our current economy where the only sector that is growing is the temporary worker sector.
In my opinion, a “job” can be a huge benefit to an entrepreneur in the making… but ONLY if you’re looking in the right places! (and developing yourself in the right ways)
For example, when Tony Robbins got his start he was actually employed by Jim Rohn, and that’s where he learned the ropes.
He later went on to start his own company to become one of the most successful personal development coaches – ever.
I think often times we (myself included) diss the job market because we perceive it as being a limitation for us – something that takes us further from our goal, rather than closer. If you’re not mindful to find the RIGHT opportunity, I think that’s the case most of the time.
However, if you seek out the RIGHT job opportunity… one that’s 100% aligned with your purpose, and that allows you to develop the necessary skill sets FASTER while you earn more money (without the stress of grinding it out on your own) to propel yourself forward, THIS can be a winning ticket.
When I look around at the Internet entrepreneur industry, I see A LOT of struggle.
So let me ask you a question … which path would you rather take?
Pursue a job with a mentor – or a company that is progressive and allows for you to develop your skills under their radar while they PAY YOU?
Learn alone and hopefully scrape forward – one expensive mistake at a time?
Option 1 is the “other” job market that can offer MORE than just full time pay, but also a fast track to skill development that can create the makings of a highly developed and successful Internet entrepreneur.
What do YOU think?
With THIS approach, can a “job” actually serve you in reaching your business goals FASTER?
You’re asking, “That sounds great, Eric. But how do I get started?”
Good question, I’ll tell you how.
It’s seven specific steps actually, and you’d better get started NOW.
1. Find out what topics people want and the way that they talk about them. Then identify the leaders, teams and organizations that are delivering value to those people.
2. Create great content on those topics. Use “their” language. Connect with those leaders, teams and organizations. Piggy back on what they’re doing.
3. Gently tweak your content so that Google knows what to do with it. i.e. repurpose to YouTube, G+, use keywords, use subheads, etc. Be omnipresent.
4. Grow authority. Be consistent in this effort. Yes! it does require hustle.
5. Build a strong, relevant social media network. Don’t just connect to leaders, teams and organizations, but also make yourself useful to the people they serve.
6. Write at other authoritative websites. That’s right… pitch your best work, and give it away to where it will have more leverage.
7. Cultivate real world relationships. i.e. live events, phone conversations, skype meet ups.
If those seven steps seem daunting, don’t worry. That’s the kind of stuff we’re teaching at Daily Marketing Coach. DMC for short. DMC is a training, mentoring and mastermind community designed to help all varieties of people move toward their personal and professional goals.