What proof do you need to know that you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to, and be received as an expert?
Today I’m going to provide you with one short and sweet exercise that will completely transform your business, keep you focused on the one singular thing that’s stopping you from success and change the way you are perceived by your peers, family, friends and the entire industry with which you do business.
You will learn how to become your own proof, and an expert in the process.
Now let’s get started. Be sure to read this closely!
First, Do These Two Things:
- Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment. (i.e. I don’t have enough people to talk to about my network marketing business).
- Turn that biggest challenge into a SPECIFIC question. (i.e. How can I talk to 5-10 people per day about my primary network marketing business?
Then Do This …
- Write it on a note card, or post-it. Keep it somewhere where you see it a lot. Then get to work to answer your question. Focus on that ONE thing and nothing else.
- After 48 hours, begin to write and/or record your observations, thoughts, opinions, reviews and next action steps as it pertains to answering this question.
- Continue to record your observations, thoughts, opinions, reviews and next action steps as it pertains to answering this question at your blog.
Stay focused on the question. Never stray from the question. Relate everything action you take back to this original question.
And the Best Part is …
- When you begin to use (or start) a blog to capture your progress, and record these observations, thoughts, opinions, reviews and next action steps, you’re simultaneously building up your expertise and credibility in the eyes of others.
- Once you begin to answer your question (and you will IF you keep your focus on the question long enough). Answering your question is a GOOD thing. That’s satisfaction enough. But the icing on the cake is sitting back and watching the asset you will have created when you’re able to look back at your blog and see a finished product.
QUICK TIP: Use your specific question as the tagline for your blog.
Now imagine both the answers and understandings you will come up with for your question after 48 hours. Probably not many. But what about after 48 days. Or 480 days. You must give yourself an hour a day to record these things, and post it to your blog once or twice per week. You will be amazed at happens if you stay consistent with this even after two weeks, one month, three months, six months and a year.
How to Be Your Own Proof
For the sake of this example, we used the specific question,
How can I talk to 5-10 people per day about my primary network marketing business?
In the process of answering this question, you may have anywhere from 30-100 or maybe a lot more blog posts that serve as your own proof.
That’s powerful! And that’s a lot of proof. You undertake the work necessary once and send prospects to your blog 24/7. There is no refuting it.
It also positions you as a problem solver and an expert. Once you become a problem solver and an expert at something, you will attract more business.
You are your own best proof especially when you can turn your potential business prospects to your blog and say, “Look, this is how I did it.”
A Word of Caution: (Issues that Can Sideline Your Focus)
I speak with a lot network marketers, and I hear the same things. People always tell me they’re having trouble defining their niche. Yet in the same breath they’re telling me how much they like video, and how they have this idea or that idea for their marketing funnel.
I always reply,
How can you sum up everything you just said into a challenge that can be phrased in the form of a question?
If you feel scattered and/or unfocused, and you’re having a hard time cutting through noise and distraction, sum up your biggest challenge in the form of a question.
This question must be specific and focused. You can only answer ONE question at a time. If you do so, you’ll find that other secondary questions will also be answered as a result of keeping a focus to answer your ultimate question.
Next Action: Get Started Now.
- Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (i.e. I don’t have enough people to talk to about my network marketing business) and turn it into a SPECIFIC question (i.e. How can I talk to 5-10 people per day about my primary network marketing business?)
- Write it down so you can see it every day, multiple times per day. Then work on answering the question. Chronicle your experience at your blog (make the question the tagline) until you have answered it. Work on NOTHING else.
If you do this, you will become your own proof and an expert on that question in the process. This will lead to you becoming a more attractive person to do business with.
Leave Us a Comment
What Do You Think? Are you going to try this? What would your specific question be?