You are reading How to Get Started with Online Video Read more from this series of articles.
- Is Getting Over the Initial Fear of Doing Online Video Worth the Effort?
- A Guide for How to Get Started with Online Video Before Actually Turning on the Camera
- How to Get Your Videos Online Faster and Avoid Frustration with this Simple Three Step Video Production Process
Now it’s my turn as the Renegade’s resident tech guy to add to this series.
Many of you are visual learners. So I’ve created this training video that walks you through a step by step description of the video production process. This will be especially helpful if it’s your first time making video, and posting it online. Watch it now.
The steps laid out in the video can be summarized in three short steps:
- Shooting of the Video (Production)
- Editting of the Video (Post Production)
- Sharing of the Video (Distribution)
Some of the software programs and tools mentioned in the video include:
- Kodak ZI-8 Camera – A low cost video camera that has a microphone input as well as shoots in high definition for under $100
- Windows Live Movie Maker
- Apple iMovie
- Camtasia Studio
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Premier
The video production process can be a daunting task if it’s your first attempt. But with each additional video you make, you’ll find that it gets easier and easier.
What are your video production (and distribution) questions?
If you have any advice or want to share a video you’ve made, or have questions to ask, please do so in the comments below!