I saw this from Darren Rowse on Google Plus yesterday. Darren is the owner of big time, high earning blogs, Pro Blogger and Digital Photography School.
Here are those seven questions:
- What is it about? – Topic
- What’s in it for me? – Benefits
- Who are you? – Credibility
- Why should I care? – Relevance
- Is Anyone Else Here? – Social Proof
- Why Should I Come Back? – Anticipation
- How Do I Connect? – Retention
- What Should I Do Next? – Conversion
If you’re looking for something shorter, and more to the point, focus on these three:
1) Where am I? (Site name, headline/header)
2) Why should I care? (Tagline/Benefits)
3) What can/should I do next? (Headlines, Call to Actions, Buttons)
(courtesy of Chris Garrett)
These are great reminders, and will force us to look at this blog as we’re going to be making some changes in the very near future.
If you think you’ve nailed all seven of these questions that people ask when they arrive to your website, or at least the main three, I encourage you to share below in the comments. Also, if you think we’ve missed something or have questions, I’ll catch up with you in the comment area.